Monday, April 6, 2009

Conference Weekend


We went down to Utah this weekend, for Kory's mission reunion and General Conference.

The reunion was on Friday night. It was great meeting his mission president and some of the people he served with in Mexico City. Whoever says/thinks that girls talk more than guys has never met my husband and his friends (or my dad for that matter!) We were at the reunion for FOUR HOURS! An hour of it was a devotional, but the rest of the time was spent remembering funny stories, talking to one of his converts and looking at pictures.



We stayed at Kory's sister, Nicole's, house in Heber. Amy and some of her friends came up to watch the morning session of Conference, then we headed to Salt Lake because we had tickets to the second session of Conference. The Conference Center is amazing! I loved being able to be there and listen to our Prophet and apostles.

One of my favorite talks was given by Elder Hales on Saturday morning. He told us that it was important to live providently, joyfully within our means. He thought that the 3 most loving words are, I Love You. And the 4 most caring words from someone we love are, We can't afford it.

I also loved Elder Holland's talk about our Savior and his Atonement. I loved how his talk was aimed towards all who are alone, feel alone or worse yet, feel abandoned. A soldier far from home, a missionary in his first weeks of homesickness or a father out of work, afraid the fear in his eyes will be visible to his family. In short he spoke directly to all of us at various times in our lives.

What was your favorite talk?
You can listen to all of conference here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those were my two favorite talks too! honest. I love you!
Mom