Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter Weekend, spending a lot of time with Kory's family.

Friday night we went to dinner with his whole family because his dad (fireman) and brother (works at the county jail) both had to work on Easter Sunday so it was the best time for us all to have dinner together. After dinner we went back to Kory's parents house to play games. (Their family LOVES to play games).

Kory and I went home around 11...but we're addicted to LOST so we stayed up for a few more hours to watch more of Season 3!

Saturday morning Kory said he needed to go shopping and he came home with these...


He's so good to me! It was a really nice day...even though it was supposed to rain, so we decided to go for a bike ride. I'm so bad and didn't even get a picture, but I'm sure we'll do it again soon!

Church was really great on Sunday. The Sacrament meeting speakers re-capped some of the talks given at Conference last week that focused on our Savior's life, atonement and resurrection.

After church, we had lunch with Kory's family and then went to the firestation (since his dad was working) for their family egg hunt tradition. Only the adults get to participate in this one and everyone gets to find 3 eggs. Each egg is filled with candy and cash OR a note that entitles you to something. Kory got 2 eggs that each had $20 and his other egg entitled him to $1/per push up he could do in 1 minute (he did 50!) I got some movie tickets, the chance to roll a dice for 6 times the amount (go figure I rolled a ONE!!) and to pick the teams for the egg toss (winners got $20). I decided that I wanted Kory as my partner for the egg toss and this is how it went down...

I don't know how well you can see, but that is egg ALL up my arm! Kory dropped the egg on the toss before this one and I think it cracked a little then, but he still threw it to me where it exploded! We lost. His sister and brother-in-law won.

Thanks to my parents for our Easter package...Recees eggs, new shoes and an Outback gift card!

No comments: